Spearhead Machinery is seeking an experienced Area Sales Manager, Western England and Wales
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Spearhead Machinery is Europe’s leading manufacturer of large area rotary mowers, specialising in vegetation maintenance and stubble management technology.
Traditional and core business is centred around the maintenance of green areas with a full range of reach, flail and rotary mowers within the product offering providing the most viable solutions wherever vegetation may grow.
As a company Spearhead remains focused on providing its customers with solutions, extending and growing the product range to continue delivering as Europe’s true ‘Green Area Maintenance Specialist’.
The Area Manager will be responsible for the wholesale management of the defined geographic territory of Western England & Wales, developing Spearhead Machinery Ltd presence in this territory at the same time as delivering the highest possible standards of customer service, whilst maintaining revenue contribution and meeting sales objectives. The Area Manager will actively support the nominated dealer network in the territory representing the Spearhead brand; and maintaining effective face-to-face working relationships with them at all times.
- To deliver the effective management of a nominated dealer base within your defined geographic territory promoting the Spearhead brand and its full range of products.
- To increase the market potential of the Spearhead brand in your defined geographic territory by working closely with your nominated dealer base.
- To identify opportunities to add further nominated dealers where required in order to increase sales and grow brand presence.
- To evaluate current sales and product results within your defined geographic territory.
- To assist the aftermarket department and provide technical support to end users where the need may arise.
- To carry out targeted visits to end users; assisting dealer sales personnel where necessary.
- To offer training and product marketing presentations to the nominated dealer base and its employees.
- To support dealer open days; local shows and assist in Spearhead’s national show program where required.
- To collect and report feedback from the market on dealer development; product satisfaction and competitive activity.
- To contribute ideas on future product development based on in territory experience.
- To assist in the active management of all aspects of the nominated dealer account; assisting other internal departments where required.
- To realise monthly sales objectives by achieving the anticipated turnover and other specific KPI targets.
- To manage demonstration equipment assigned to your geographic territory ensuring that machines are presented to a standard suitable for demonstration purposes.
- To at all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
- To contribute to improving the business and enhancing the company by making new suggestions and implementing change when requested to do so.
- Background in Agricultural, Farming or grounds care machinery.
- Experience of operating in a similar sales role.
- Excellent communications and decision making skills.
- Good time management and planning skills required.
- Good organizational skills with strong IT skills, particularly MS Office as the ability to interpret and present data is important.
- Must be flexible to work additional hours where required as travel both within the UK and Overseas is essential.