McConnel is seeking an experienced production engineer
Competitive Salary & Benefits package
McConnel is a multi-award winning British manufacturing company that is leading the way as the world’s number one supplier of Power Arm and green maintenance technology.
Based in Ludlow, Shropshire, McConnel offers a comprehensive portfolio of premium hedge-cutting, mowing, cultivation and remote control machinery that sets the standard for quality and innovation in the industry and is exported to more than 40 countries around the world.
Under minimal supervision, determines the most cost effective processes, methods, systems, tooling, equipment and plant layout to be used to manufacture McConnel products. Adapts and implements procedures to evaluate labour and operating costs for compliance with standards and stated cost objectives. Develops short and long term manufacturing strategies and capital requirements, and actively drives the development and introduction of new products.
Essential job duties
1. Implements manufacturing techniques and processes (J.I.T., Continuous Flow, Kanban, Manufacturing Cells, etc.) that will reduce manufacturing labour costs, product through-put time, W.I.P. (Work In Process) inventory levels and overall manufacturing operating costs, while striving to meet production and cost goals.
2. Develops and implements manufacturing systems and operating procedures to support and enhance manufacturing techniques and processes.
3. Trains supervisors and support personnel in new and updated production processes as it relates to equipment to reduce manufacturing costs and lead times by using Lean Manufacturing techniques
4. Continually develops and upgrades manufacturing labor standards affecting efficiency, utilisation and productivity for producing product in the plant. Review routings to ensure compliance with product cost levels and update as needed.
5. Creates and updates documentation for manufacturing processes including work instructions and manufacturing routers.
6. Evaluates and recommends plant layout changes and modifications to enhance space utilization, material flow, employee safety and product throughput.
7. Develops short and long term manufacturing strategies and objectives to include capital equipment investments, tooling investments and operating cost improvements. Develops and executes plan to drive future state of company goals.
8. Actively participates in the development of new products to insure compliance with manufacturing and processing strategies, product quality objectives, tooling objectives, implementation dates and product cost goals.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
1. HNC – HND in manufacturing, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology, or a related technical field is preferred. Supervisory experience preferred.
2. 5+ years previous experience in a related heavy industry manufacturing environment (familiarity with welding, paint plants important).
3. Knowledge of manufacturing techniques such as J.I.T. (Just in Time), Continuous Flow Manufacturing, Kanban, Manufacturing Cells, etc. required.
4. Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to communicate with various levels within the organisation.
5. Ability to coordinate multiple activities.
6. Computer software, data entry, data retrieval and data analysis skills required.
7. Problem solving and troubleshooting skills required.
8. Frequent standing and walking in and throughout the plant/manufacturing environment.
9. Knowledge of Industrial Finishing is preferred.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org