McConnel is seeking an experienced buyer.
Competitive Salary & Benefits package
McConnel is a multi-award winning British manufacturing company that is leading the way as the world’s number one supplier of Power Arm and green maintenance technology.
Based in Ludlow, Shropshire, McConnel offers a comprehensive portfolio of premium hedge-cutting, mowing, cultivation and remote control machinery that sets the standard for quality and innovation in the industry and is exported to more than 40 countries around the world.
Supports company objectives by assuring best value, delivery performance, and quality for goods, services, and production materials required by the company. Researches market forces that drive cost and delivery performance for the assigned commodities.
Essential job duties:
- Enter, and keep updated, supply chain parameters, purchase orders, and all pertinent information into the JDE ERP system. Evaluate exception reports on a weekly basis
- Attend daily production meetings and liaise with production planner on items that require urgent action.
- Negotiate pricing, payment terms, freight terms and any other issue pertaining to cost with assigned supply base.
- Ensure pricing and supplier information is always up to date in the JDE ERP system.
- On a regular basis, identify and market test (with RFQ) assigned commodities with alternative suppliers. Source to new suppliers when necessary. Provide longer term forecasts or Supplier agreements under direction of Purchasing Director.
- When necessary investigate any quality issues and following up with supplier on correction actions.
- Work with Production to ensure successful and economical launch of new products. Ensure that production material has passed first item if required. Ensuring suppliers are aligned with requirements.
- Identify and execute savings projects in sufficient quantities to support company objectives. Identify any PPV issues, eliminating negative variances where possible. Support company efforts to accurately set standard costs.
- Take appropriate steps to manage inventory levels to support company objectives.
- Conduct all business, internally and externally, with the highest level of professionalism.
Knowlege, skills and abilities:
- Handles most complex and expensive production materials specifically factored product and MRO items . Annual spend c£4.0 million.
- Thorough understanding of JDE ERP system is preferred. Must have mastered the Purchasing portion of JDE or similar ERP systems to assure on time deliveries without adding excessive inventory. Must be able to run forecast reports and other data as required to manage assigned commodity. Must understand the linkages between the Purchasing module and other modules within JDE.
- CIPS Accredited Degree or Diploma in Procurement and Supply or equivalent supply chain supply qualifications
- 5-10 years of direct supply chain experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to collect and analyse data on market conditions that drive supplier pricing and delivery issues. Use that data to mitigate, eliminate or justify price changes proposed by the supply base.
- Ability to organise data and present clearly to McConnel and Alamo Group management
- Understands supplier processes and cost drivers to sufficiently mitigate excessive lead times, costs, inventory levels, and quality problems.
- Ability to clearly communicate company positions to suppliers, who may strongly disagree with those positions.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org