Alamo Manufacturing Services is seeking an experienced production engineer
Salford Priors, Warwickshire
Competitive Salary & Benefits package
Alamo Manufacturing Services is the precision-engineering partner for some of the most famous names in agricultural and green maintenance technology, manufacturing equipment for blue-chip British companies such as Bomford Turner Ltd, Spearhead Machinery Limited, McConnel Limited, and Kelland Agricultural Ltd.
Following a multi-million pound investment in the company’s state-of-the-art production facility at Salford Priors to ensure AMS continues to meet the growing demand for new technologies, the Company is now looking to enhance its small highly focussed and passionate engineering team.
Under minimal supervision, provide engineering support to production and maintenance in the introduction of new products; ensuring all engineering change notes are completed in a timely manner. Assist in determining the most cost effective processes, methods, tooling, equipment and plant layout to be used to manufacture AMS products. Adapts and implements procedures to evaluate labour and operating costs for compliance with standards and stated cost objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provide engineering support for production and maintenance activities to ensure maximum production.
- Actively participates in the development of new products to insure compliance with manufacturing and processing strategies, product quality objectives, tooling objectives, implementation dates and product cost goals.
- Continually develops and upgrades manufacturing labor standards affecting efficiency, utilisation and productivity for producing product in the plant. Review routings to ensure compliance with product cost levels and update as needed.
- Investigate problems, analyse root causes and derive resolutions.
- Creates and updates documentation for manufacturing processes including work instructions and manufacturing routers.
- Evaluates and recommends plant layout changes and modifications to enhance space utilization, material flow, employee safety and product throughput
- Develop operating instructions and equipment specifications for production activities.
- Trains supervisors and support personnel in new and updated production processes as it relates to equipment.
- Stay current with production specifications, engineering technology and production processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- HNC – HND in manufacturing, Industrial Engineering, or a related technical field is preferred.
- Previous experience in a related heavy industry manufacturing environment (familiarity with welding, paint plants important).
- Ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Ability to problem solve at high level and using initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate across different levels and functional areas of the business.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities and project plan.
- Computer software, data entry, data retrieval and data analysis skills required.
- Knowledge of Industrial Finishing a distinct advantage as is experience of productivity improvements specifically floor tine reductions for production